Calling all business owners and entrepreneurs who like to fly on Delta Air Lines! Would you like to own a credit card that will allow you to earn miles on your business expenses and flights? The American Express Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card is the official business credit card of the world’s biggest airline, Delta. It is one of the most competitive cards on the market for those who would like to earn frequent flyer miles as part of their card’s major features. Brought to you by American Express OPEN, this credit card does carry a $95 annual fee (which is waivered in the first year), but that could work out as peanuts when held up against the rewards. For example, if you use this card to purchase just 2 air tickets with Delta or Northwest in a year, the $100 savings on checked in luggage fees for 2 persons covers the annual fee in one fell swoop.
The most attractive feature of the American Express Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card is the air miles that card holders can earn.
The sign-up offer is more than worth a closer look; cardholders can earn a whopping 30,000 bonus miles, as long as you spend $1,000 on the American Express Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card within the first 3 months. That equates to a cool $300 off of your air fare for simply making your daily purchases with the card. The opening bonus miles may also be redeemed for a domestic economy award ticket, effectively giving you the ability to fly for free, straight away.
American Express Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card cardholders can earn 2 miles for every $1 spent on qualifying Delta flights, and Delta Vacation packages. The beauty of this perk is that the more you fly solely with Delta, the more miles you earn, which will allow you to redeem accumulated miles for either partial or full free flights. Every 10,000 miles you accumulate means you get $100 off of your airfares, and as you can earn 1 mile for every $1 spent on eligible purchases, racking up the miles is as easy as pie.
The ability to pay for your air ticket partially or in full with your miles is a reward unlike any other; competing credit cards offer attractive flyer miles and bonus points, but the American Express Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card is the only card that can boast this particular feature. In order to exchange your miles for flights, you need to visit delta.com. Once there, you will be able to exchange your miles for all Delta and Delta Connection carrier flights that are marked as eligible. What’s more is that there are absolutely no blackout dates and no seat restrictions when using this booking system, and the fantastic air miles features don’t stop there; accumulated air miles don’t expire as long as the American Express Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card is in use.
The only down side to all of these unique air mile features is that you need to have accumulated at least 10,000 air miles before you can begin to redeem them.
But the air miles are just the beginning…
The American Express Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card gives card holders so much more than just great air mile perks, let’s take a look at the amazing travel benefits and insurance deals that this card holds.
- There is a unique Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver: this allows you to be covered for up to the actual cash value of most standard rental vehicles.
- 24/7 Global Assist Hotline: if you need any medical, legal, financial and/or emergency assistance whilst travelling, you can call this hotline for instant referrals.
- 24/7 Roadside Assistance: this is useful if your car breaks down or gets damaged whilst out on the road. Card holders are covered with a maximum of $50 for towing charges.
- Damaged and lost luggage insurance: if your luggage gets lost or damaged, you will be fully covered.
- Travel accident insurance: when you charge your plane/train/bus ticket to this card, you will be insured for accidental death or dismemberment during the entire trip.
And we haven’t even reached the standard credit card benefits yet…
The general benefits that match or exceed the American Express Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card’s major competitors are:
- The Purchase Protection Plan: this is in effect for up to 90 days from the date of purchase and, amazingly, American Express will refund you in the case of the store in question not doing so.
- Priority Boarding and On-board Discounts: cardholders can enjoy early boarding privileges and card members also receive a 20%discount on food, beverages, and in-flight entertainment purchases.
- Free Checked Bag: cardholders can check their first bag free when flying on Delta Airlines. A perk which you can share with up to nine other people travelling on the same itinerary.
- Companion Certificate: after the first year of card membership, card holders receive a $99 domestic companion certificate, redeemable online in conjunction with any paid domestic ticket.
- Free Extended Warranty: American Express extend the original U.S. warranty on the items you purchase by up to one full year.
- You can manage your account online: you can keep track of exactly how your company’s money was spent, on what, where and when. You can assign another person to manage your account online, too.
- Low interest rates: the Gold Delta SkyMiles card is a credit card, so you have the option to carry a balance if you are unable to pay in full by the due date each month and if you pay in full each month, you won’t have to pay any interest at all.
If we are honest, the Checked Bag Fee Waiver is just another of the little gems that the American Express Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card offers. In general, until a traveller earns Elite Medallion status when flying with Delta, he or she is stuck paying checked bag fees. Delta Airlines charges a standard $25 checked bag fee for flights within the United States, Canada, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico. That means that card holders and their friends and family can save up to $250 in fees on a single trip when travelling together.
So overall, you should commit to the American Express Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card because…
If you are a business owner who already travels frequently on Delta, this card is going to enrich your experience and make all of those pesky flying expenses worthwhile. If you are a business owner who doesn’t fly with Delta that often, the American Express Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card could be the one reason to become someone who does. American Express are already one of the leading credit card providers to offer exclusive card holder privileges and their hand in creating this card with Delta in mind bears no exception to their current reward rule.