Choosing the right credit card is something that is not only important for general consumers but is also vital for business users. The right credit card can prove to be a valuable financial tool for any business, both big and small. This is why you need to look at the various business credit card options available, such as the American Express Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card, to decide which one is going to be best suited to your needs.
One type of credit card that many businesses like to opt for is a rewards based card, as these enable business users to earn a little something back from the credit card provider simply for using the card in the normal way. One type of rewards card on the market is an air miles card, which is the perfect choice for those who tend to regularly travel by air, as it enables them to earn miles that can be redeemed for discounted or even free flights and travel related perks.
The American Express Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card is a very popular choice, as it not only offers the opportunity to clock up air miles but also comes from one of the leading names in the world of credit cards. Business people that use their credit card regularly and also tend to travel by air regularly can really benefit from the features and perks of this card.
Will the American Express Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card suit all business users?
The American Express Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card will not necessarily suit all business users. For instance, if you do not regularly use a credit card to make purchases, you will not accrue air miles fast enough for the card to benefit you. In addition, if you do not tend to really travel by air, you will find that another type of rewards based card offering different perks may be more beneficial.
Another important factor to consider when deciding upon suitability is whether your business credit card bill is settled in full each month within the interest free period. If you tend to spread payments on your balance and you are therefore charged interest, you will find that another type of card such as a 0 percent purchase card may be a better option. This is because any rewards you earn on a card such as an air miles card will be dwarfed by the amount of interest you pay by spreading your repayments.
So, in a nutshell the business users who can benefit from the American Express Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card are those who use their credit cards regularly to make purchases, travel by air on a regular basis, and pay off their balance in full each month so that they are not charged any interest.
The key features of the American Express Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card
As is the case with any credit card, you should make sure you familiarize yourself with the features and benefits of this card so that you can better determine whether it is the right product for your business needs. Some of the features that you will get with the American Express Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card include:
- New Cardholder Bonuses: When you successfully apply for the American Express Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card, you can benefit from a variety of new cardholder benefits. This includes 5,000Medallion Qualification Miles, 35,000 bonus miles for spending $1000 on the card in the first 3 months, and $100 statement credit when you make a Delta purchase within the same time period.
- Earn miles on general purchases: When you make day to day purchases on your American Express Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card, you can look forward to earning a mile for each dollar you spend. If you use your card regularly for day to day purchases, these miles can quickly add up so that you can start reaping the rewards.
- Earn double miles: When you use your American Express Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card to make Delta purchases you can enjoy even greater benefits, as you will earn double miles per dollar spend on your purchases. This can boost the rate at which you accrue miles, which will enable you to qualify for rewards even more quickly.
- Flexible usage: With the Delta SkyMiles Program you can use your accrued miles towards a range of rewards, ranging from booking flights without blackout dates or restrictions through to upgrading seats or even paying for hotels and car rental.
- Annual companion certificate: When you renew your American Express Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card each year, you will be able to look forward to a domestic economy class companion certificate.
- Annual boost in air miles: If you are a big spender, this credit card could earn you even more in air miles. You can boost your air miles and MQMs by 10,000 each per calendar year when you spend $25,000 on your card. When you spend $50,000 you can earn an additional 10,000 in air miles and MQMs.
- Additional privileges: This card will entitle you to certain additional privileges such as priority boarding, a free checked bag on Delta flights, and reduced price admission to Delta Sky Clubs. You can also enjoy in-flight savings when you make purchases while flying with Delta.
These are some of the key benefits that come with using this credit card for your business use. It is worth noting that there are additional perks that you can benefit from with this card, such as:
- Extended warranty benefits on shopping
- ID theft assistance
- Roadside assistance when travelling more than 100 miles from home
- Purchase and returns protection on certain goods purchased on the card
- Dispute resolution assistance.
Fees and charges
Before you make a decision with regards to the right card for your needs, you should make sure you look at the fees and charges associated with the card. With the American Express Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card you will pay a $150 annual fee, which is something to bear in mind. The rate of interest charged on the card can vary based on your financial and credit status but is typically between 15.24 and 19.24 percent on purchases.