Top notch rewards credit cards are currently in high demand, so if you are reading every review you can find to discover which one works best for you then take the time to read this little number on the Amex EveryDay Credit Card. This card, issued by American Express, has certainly been receiving its fair share of attention due to its fantastic rewards opportunities. So what is all the fuss about?
What is the Amex EveryDay Credit Card?
The Amex EveryDay Credit Card is definitely straightforward. Here are the basics of the card:
- You obtain 10,000 reward points as soon as you use the card to purchase $1,000 of items and services within the first 90 days of opening the account.
- There is no annual membership fee.
- Every time you spend a 100 pennies at a grocery store in the United States you accumulate two rewards opportunities.
- When you spend a dollar on any item you receive a matching rewards value.
- When you purchase 20 items or services between two monthly statements you are rewarded with 20 percent of the total amount that was spent.
- This piece of plastic employs a smart-chip and you can review your statement in real time via the AmEx smartphone app. This is a convenient way to keep your eye on exactly what bonuses you have received and what you need to do to reach a specific level.
Why the Amex EveryDay Credit Card is a New Approach for American Express
American Express always offered a terrific rewards program for their cardholders, but the catch was the card comes with an annual fee. The company is seeking to engage new clients, hence the Amex EveryDay Credit Card’s appeal. American Express always preferred to do business with the high rollers, but this card is for the smaller consumer and you receive rewards even for a $5 sandwich purchase. Now everyone that qualifies can be a part of the outstanding perks the company offers.
Why the Amex EveryDay Credit Card Excels
We outlined above the basic features of the Amex EveryDay Credit Card but failed to mention why it has an edge on it’s competition. For one, you do not have to concern yourself with constantly reviewing your rewards points as American Express takes care of all that for you. Secondly, let’s be blatantly honest, the American Express rewards program simply cannot be outdone. Cardholders are collecting the most rewards points for even the smallest purchases. If you are a fiscally prudent consumer then you loathe missing out on a bargain. That is exactly what the Amex EveryDay Credit Card is and you do not want to let an opportunity to achieve prime bonuses for every dollar you spend slip through your fingers.