If you like to fly, then the Bank Of America Virgin Atlantic Credit Card might be the perfect fit for you. If you’re approved for the card, then you’ll get 20,000 Flying Club bonus miles after you complete your first purchase. If you add any secondary cardholders to your account, then you’ll get another 5000 bonus miles. Consider these additional facts about Flying Club bonus miles:
- You get 7500 miles when you spend at least $15,000 in an anniversary year with your card. You get another 7500 bonus miles when you spend at least $25,000 in an anniversary year. An anniversary year just means one year from the date your card is activated.
- You will earn tier points as well as Flying Club miles when you use your Bank Of America Virgin Atlantic Credit Card. You receive 1 tier point for every $2500 in purchase, up to twice per month. You also earn Tier points when you fly on Virgin Atlantic airlines, or with any of their partner airlines.
- You earn 3 points for the Flying Club whenever you spend one dollar on any Virgin Atlantic services or merchandise.
- You will earn 1.5 Flying Club points for every other dollar you spend with the card.
- Flying Club miles are able to be redeemed for cabin upgrades, flight fares and more through Virgin Atlantic and their selected partners.
- If you spend at least $25,000 every year with your Bank Of America Virgin Atlantic Credit Card, then you will qualify to receive a second Virgin Atlantic Economy-class ticket for half of the normal cost in miles.
There’s no cap on the number of points you can earn annually. It will takes about 5 weeks to have points credited to your account, at least that’s what they claim. Of course, you do not earn points for things like interest charges, fraudulent transactions and balance transfers. Further, you can count on the Bank Of America Virgin Atlantic Credit Card to assist you when you’re on the road, or in the sky, with automatic card features like Travel Accident Insurance, Lost Luggage Services and loads more.
APRs and Fees for the Bank Of America Virgin Atlantic Credit Card
The general APR for purchases and balance transfers on the Bank Of America Virgin Atlantic Credit Card is 14.24%. That’s not bad when compared to many other cards that charge as much as 26.99%, and that’s not the penalty APR! Check based and direct deposit cash advances will have an APR attached that’s 19.99% above the prime rate. If you want a Bank Cash Advance, the APR will be 24.99%. If you make a payment late or have one returned, the APR will be 29.99%, as with almost every other card out there.
**NOTE: There will be no interest and no fees if you pay your balance off in full each billing period.**
If you do incur interest charges (and almost everyone does sooner or later), then you will be charged no less than $1.50, no matter how small your balance may be. To enjoy the enticing APRs and solid performance of the Bank Of America Virgin Atlantic Credit Card, then you’ll have to fork over a $90 annual fee. In addition, the following fee schedule will be in effect:
- Wire transfers from non-financial entities will cost either 5% or $10, whichever is more.
- If you wish to transfer your balance, then there will be a charge of $10 or 3% of the transaction, again, whichever is more.
- Direct deposit and check cash advances will cost 3% of the transaction amount, or $10, whichever is greater.
- Same-day cash advances, like at an ATM, will cost either $10 or 5% of the transaction amount.
- If you have overdraft protection (optional), then each instance where you overdraw your account will cost you just $10 (instead of much steeper over limit charges).
- Foreign transactions are a specialty for this card, costing only 1% of the transaction amount in US dollars
- .Late payment fees is $35.
- Returned payment fee is $25
More features of the Bank Of America Virgin Atlantic Credit Card:
There are a load of features and benefits that come automatically with the Bank Of America Virgin Atlantic Credit Card. In particular, there are three benefits that make a lot of sense in today’s high-hacking-potential world. Everyone one of us needs to be aware of and concerned with our credit safety. Just look at major credit venues like Target. If an organization like that can be duped, so can you. And that’s why Bank of America initiated the following credit security features:
- Text and email alerts concerning all card usage activity. If you like, you’ll receive a text or email just seconds after every transaction is initiated. This keeps your mind on your money and your money on your mind.
- Online banking technologies add multiple layers of security to your account activity experiences. You can check your balances, pay your bills, transfer funds and more online.
- Smart chip technologies are intrinsic to the Bank Of America Virgin Atlantic Credit Card, making it one of the toughest types of credit cards to access for hackers. These chips enhance security and make your card more accepted around the world, in more than 130 countries. To get the complete low-down on this smart chip credit card technology, please surf to the BoA website.
If you travel a lot, especially via Virgin airlines, then this card could be a solid plus in your card arsenal. It offers generous rewards and attractive fees and rates – but you have to have some seriously good credit to get it. The Bank Of America Virgin Atlantic Credit Card can make traveling more rewarding, less expensive, and safer all around.