Do you have an avid interest in reading? Have you ever thought about ways to reward yourself for spending money at Barnes & Noble? For those who are serious about simultaneously building their library as well as their credit history, having a Barclays Barnes and Noble MasterCard is essential for achieving this task. You are eligible for your welcome rewards bonus as soon as you have made your first purchase by swiping this card.
Shortly there after, you will receive a $25 gift card to use at Barnes & Noble or BN.com. For every purchase you make at Barnes & Noble using the Barclays Barnes and Noble MasterCard, you will receive a 5% bonus. For every purchase you make elsewhere, you will also be rewarded in the form of 1 point per dollar spent. Once you have accumulated 2,500 points, you can redeem them for $25 gift cards which can be used at Barnes and Noble’s retail and online stores.
Main Features of the Barclays Barnes and Noble MasterCard
- $0 Annual Fee: You pay nothing out of pocket for carrying the Barclays Barnes and Noble MasterCard.
- Free $25 Barnes & Noble gift card after first purchase
- 5% Cash back at Barnes & Noble retail and online stores
- Earn 1 B&N reward points for every dollar spent outside of Barnes & Noble
- Accumulation of 2,500 Rewards Points nets the consumer a $25 Barnes & Noble gift card
Who Benefits Most from the Barclays Barnes and Noble MasterCard?
Teachers – Are you a teacher that is constantly buying books and teaching materials for your classroom? You could use the Barclays Barnes and Noble MasterCard to add 5% of the money you are spending back into your pocket. Perhaps your school or organization reimburses you for your teaching purchases. You could apply for this card and begin purchasing your teaching materials using it. Once you receive your repayment, you could use it to pay off the balance and avoid interest charges while reaping the rewards points. Having a rewards credit card like the Barclays Barnes and Noble MasterCard could be extremely beneficial if you are in this situation.
Students – Textbooks are notoriously priced high at collegiate book sellers but it is possible to find certain textbooks and books needed for classes at Barnes & Noble. Study guides and practice exams are also widely available at Barnes & Noble. In addition to an educational advantage, you can gain a financial advantage by using this rewards card on these types of purchases. The generous 5% rebate on textbooks and study materials can add up quickly if you are spending hundreds or thousands per year at Barnes & Noble using your Barclays Barnes and Noble MasterCard.
Parents – Every good parent knows that the best way to keep their child out of trouble is to empower them with knowledge. At Barnes & Noble, you can choose which knowledge you would like to put into your child’s brain by determining which books you buy for them. Making good decisions with your money is a good way to instill financial responsibility into your children at an early age. If your kids see that you are constantly making an investment in education by buying reading materials from Barnes & Noble, they will grow up and likely make the same decisions. In essence, the Barclays Barnes and Noble MasterCard could reward you for being a good parent.
Avid Readers – If you have a passion for reading, Barnes & Noble is probably one of your favorite places to hang out. It is safe to assume that this retailer is probably a place where you spend much of your time and money. The $25 free gift card as well the 5% back on purchases made at Barnes & Noble can only be advantageous to your bottom line.
Nook Users – If you have a Nook, you value the ability to get books cheaper than what paperback costs instantaneously. When you use this credit card to purchase books on the Nook, you get an additional 5% in savings on top of the money you are already saving by using your Barnes & Noble Nook to read the discounted electronic version. When you add your new Barclays Barnes and Noble MasterCard as a preferred payment method during checkout, you will be able to quickly buy future books directly on your Nook with just a few taps.
Fine Print: What Consumers Should Consider Before Applying
- The Annual Percentage Rate for the Barclays Barnes & Noble MasterCard will be set between 13.99% and 24.99%.
- The actual rate will be determined by your credit rating.
- The same APR model will be used for balance transfers.
- If you decide to get a cash advance with this card, you will be billed at an APR of 25.24%.
- If you do not pay your bill on time, your APR will jump up to 27.24% indefinitely.
- There is no annual fee for holding this credit card.
- This card is subject to transactions fees.
- If you transfer a balance, the transaction fee will be $10 or 4% and the final fee added to your account will be whichever amount is greater.
- Cash advance fees work under the same model except the percentage is 5% or $10, whichever is greater.
- If you use this card in a foreign country, you are charged a 3% transaction fee.
- If you make a late payment, you agree to pay a $35 fee.
- There is no fee for going over the limit however if your payment bounces, you will be charged a $35 fee.
- This card is designed for consumers with at least a fair to average credit rating.
- This rewards card is designed to enhance your financial livelihood. If you do not already spend a good portion of your discretionary income at Barnes & Noble, there may be better rewards cards available to you.
Are You Ready to Apply?
If you are a regular customer at Barnes & Noble, you probably do your fair share of research before making a decision. Adding a credit card into your wallet is a decision that many people don’t take seriously enough because making the wrong decision can actually be costly. If you are confident that the Barclays Barnes and Noble MasterCard is right for you, the approval process takes about 60 seconds once you have submitted your credit application.