Love to go camping or engage in outdoor recreational activities? There might be just the card for you – the Barclays Good Sam Visa Signature Card REC REWARDS! If you love outdoor activities but did not know there was a credit card catered to such use, there are plenty of benefits associated becoming a member of the Good Sam Club including:
- Fuel Discounts
- Camping World Discounts
- RV Magazine and Camping magazine discounts
- Members-only Highways Magazine
- Complimentary RV Trip Routing
- Affordable Auto and RV Insurance
- Good Sam Extended Service Plan
In addition to these member benefits, the Barclays Good Sam Visa Signature Card REC REWARDS comes with its own set of benefits and rewards you won’t want to miss. The most prominent rewards offered with the Barclays Good Sam Visa Signature Card REC REWARDS include:
- No annual fee
- 5x REC REWARDS points on each $1 spent on Good Sam purchases
- 3x REC REWARDS points for each $1 spent at a campground
- 2,500 Bonus points for the first balance transfer or purchase
With all of the benefits come the terms and conditions, which might change the value of the rewards for you – so always be sure to read them carefully before submitting an application. It’s important to point out that not everyone who applies for the Barclays Good Sam Visa Signature Card REC REWARDS will be approved. For those who are not approved for the Visa Signature Card, a Platinum card might be offered instead, as the offers are based on credit rating and approval.
Rewards and benefits of a credit card are always nice, but you need to compare the benefits to the terms and condition to see if it’s a truly good option for you and your financial needs and capabilities. The APR is one number you need to be very familiar with, as it can have a great impact on the amount of interest you pay each month. Based on your credit rating, you will be offered either 13.99% or 24.99% APR – if you have a good credit rating and can obtain the lower interest rate, it’s a good option for you. However, 24.99% is somewhat high and you might find other cards out there that offer you less – again, it always depends on your outstanding debt, credit history and rating.
Having a credit card is convenient and easy to use, but if you aren’t careful, it could make your financial situation a bit harder to manage. Late payments and penalties have an effect on credit history, but they can also immediately impact your APR and credit card balance. The Barclays Good Sam Visa Signature Card REC REWARDS raises the APR to 27.24% in the event of a late payment.
Fees for the Barclays Good Sam Visa Signature Card REC REWARDS
Other terms and conditions to know about the credit card include:
- APR for Balance Transfers – 13.99% or 24.99%
- APR for Cash Advances – 25.24%
- Late Payments — $35
- Balance Transfers — $10 or 4% of the transfer amount, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transactions – 3% of each transaction in U.S. currency
- Cash Advance — $10 or 5% of the cash advance, whichever is greater
If you spend money each year on RV or camping products and services, the Barclays Good Sam Visa Signature Card REC REWARDS is something you should look into so you are rewards with your purchases. Using the card to make purchases offers five REC REWARDS for each dollar spent on Camping World purchases, products and services relating to Good Sam, and subscriptions to MotorHome Magazine or Trailer Life
Use your Barclays Good Sam Visa Signature Card REC REWARDS on Campground purchases to earn three REC REWARDS points for every dollar spent. Then, on anything else you purchase throughout the year, you can earn one point for every dollar you spend. There are countless rewards cards out there – this credit card is primarily directed at consumers who use the services and products of Good Sam or RV/Camping related activities, so if you aren’t engaging in it often, the card might prove to have little use for you.
What will the points get you? As mentioned before, the main perk of holding this card is to use the REC REWARDS on products and services you might otherwise already be spending with your RV and camping lifestyle. The Barclays Good Sam Visa Signature Card REC REWARDS offers redemption toward the following:
- Free Gas
- Camping World Gift Cards
- Gift Cards for leading merchants and restaurants
- Cash Back Statement Credits
- Free Camping
- Discounts on Good Sam related services and products
The more points you have, the better your rewards are when you redeem them. An example of reward benefits include:
- Good Sam CVP Roadside Assistance – 7,000 reward points
- Good Sam Club Lifetime Membership – 30,000 reward points
- $25 Gift Cards to BR, Shell, Speedway or ExxonMobil – 4,000 reward points
- $100 Gift Cards to Sears, Pottery Barn, Kohl’s or Macy’s – 10,000 reward points
- $75 Cash Back – 10,000 reward points
- $50 Gift Cards to Red Lobster, Bennigan’s or Olive Garden – 6,000 reward points
As you can see here, there are quite a number of reward options from which to choose once you accrue REC REWARDS. Gift cards and gas cards will come in handy while you’re on the road, or you can use the rewards to pick up new camping gear before you head out on a family vacation. There are a range of options, so whether you stock up on rewards points and use them for something large or you like to use the points as soon as you can, there are many ways in which you can use them toward your needed services or products.
The Barclays Good Sam Visa Signature Card REC REWARDS is a card designed for specific users, so if you fit the demographic, it’s a card with many perks and benefits toward the things you like best – camping gear, RV products and services and countless campgrounds around the country!