There are many different rewards credit cards on the market these days, and these cater for a variety of different needs by offering a range of reward types. From travel rewards and shopping rewards through to specialist rewards for those with certain hobbies and interests, you will find cards that are ideal for all sorts of tastes and preferences these days. One such card is the Bank of America Bass Pro Shops Outdoor Rewards Credit Card, which is perfect for those who enjoy outdoor recreation and pursuits.
With so many different credit card options available these days, it can be quite a task for the average consumer to work out which card to opt for in order to gain maximum benefit. It is important to remember that different credit cards are designed to suit different needs, so some cards will be more appropriate for you than others. For some people, one of the range of rewards based credit cards can provide them with maximum benefits, as these enable cardholders to earn something back for using the card.
The Bass Pro Shops Outdoor Rewards Credit Card, which operates on the MasterCard network, will enable you to earn rewards each time you spend on it, and these rewards can then be redeemed on merchandise from all Bass Pro shops or at Bass Pro online. This retailer provides access to a huge variety of equipment and products designed for outdoor use, from fishing tackle and camping gear to hunting equipment and outdoor clothing. This means you can redeem your rewards against a huge variety of products that will enable you to make the most of your outdoor hobbies and interests.
Who should use the Bass Pro Shops Outdoor Rewards Credit Card?
The Bass Pro Shops Outdoor Rewards Credit Card is great for those who like to spend time outdoors but it is not going to be suitable for everyone. Those who can benefit from the card include people who spend regularly on their credit cards and enjoy pursuing outdoor recreational activities. Spending on the card regularly will ensure that rewards can be quickly and easily accrued. These rewards can then be used to make purchases on outdoor gear and equipment.
However, in order to truly benefit from this card, you need to ensure that you repay your card balance in full within the interest free period, as otherwise you will be charged interest at a rate that by far outweighs the rewards you can earn. If you spread repayments on your credit card and therefore have to pay interest on your debt, you may find that a 0 percent purchase card with a longer interest free period is the more suitable option rather than a rewards based credit card.
Having said that, the Bass Pro Shops Outdoor Rewards Credit Card does offer 0 percent interest on both purchases and balance transfers for 12 billing cycles, which means that for the first year you can enjoy the best of both worlds.
Key features of the Bass Pro Shops Outdoor Rewards Credit Card
It is important to take the time to look at the various features of any credit card you are considering applying for including this Bank of America card. This will enable you to determine whether the card is likely to suit your needs, which means that you can make a more informed decision with regards to whether this is the right card for you.
Some of the key features and benefits of this credit card include:
- Earn rewards on all purchases: Whenever you use your Bass Pro Shops Outdoor Rewards Credit Card to make purchases you will be able to earn rewards. When you use the card to make general purchases you will be able to earn 1 percent on the purchases you make.
- Earn enhanced rewards: You can boost the rate at which you accrue rewards by earning a generous 5 percent on qualifying purchases made on your card at any Bass Pro shop. This will help you to earn rewards more quickly.
- Redeem against a range of products: When you have accrued sufficient rewards, you can redeem them against a wide range of high quality equipment and gear from Bass Pro shops or online, enabling you to save money on products you buy for your outdoor activities.
- 0 percent interest for 12 billing cycles: The Bass Pro Shops Outdoor Rewards Credit Card provides you with the chance to enjoy 0 percent interest on both purchases and balance transfers for 12 billing cycles, which could mean a huge saving in interest payments.
- Do your bit for a worthy cause: When you use the Bass Pro Shops Outdoor Rewards Credit Card, you will be able to do your bit for a worthy cause without having to pay anything extra. Each time you make a purchase on the card, a contribution will be made on your behalf to conservation projects by Bass Pro Shops and the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation.
- Liability guarantee: This card can provide valuable peace of mind through its liability guarantee, which provides protection against fraudulent transactions that may be made on your card.
- Online account management: To provide you with greater ease, convenience, and flexibility, this credit card comes with online account management facilities, which means that you can enjoy more freedom when it comes to managing your account.
When you use the Bass Pro Shops Outdoor Rewards Credit Card, you also get to benefit from a range of high tech solutions designed to make life easier. This includes access to technology and features such as mobile banking, account alerts to help you stay on top of balances and transactions, text banking, and tap & pay facilities on specified cards. In addition, if you link your checking account with Bank of America to your Bass Pro Shops Outdoor Rewards Credit Card, you can benefit from overdraft protection to help prevent declined purchases.
Fees and charges
When you use the Bass Pro Shops Outdoor Rewards Credit Card, you won’t have to pay any annual fee, which is a bonus. The rate of interest charged can vary based on your financial and credit status but is typically between 12.99 percent and 22.99 percent. If you transfer a balance onto the account, the fee is 3 percent of the amount transferred with a minimum fee of $10.