You can earn 5% cashback credit on purchases you make with the Citibank Dividend Platinum Select Visa Card For College Students. College students have needs, lots of them. They need books. They need clothes. They need traveling money – and they must have beer. All these items and more are available, with rewards included, with this industry-leading credit card. There are only a couple other cards that offer 5% cashback: the US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature and the Chase Freedom Discover.
The only drawback to the 5% rewards on the Citibank Dividend Platinum Select Visa Card For College Students is that the 5% bonus categories change each quarter. So, for instance, in January, you may get 5% cashback on groceries. Then in March, it may be 5% cashback on department store clothing. The point is that you have no control over the categories. In comparison,l the Cash+ Visa Signature from US Bank allows cardholders to select their own categories each quarter. Either way you consider it, 5% cash back is 5% cash back. and if it applies to purchases you would be making anyway, then that’s definitely a strong plus.
In addition to the 5% cash back you get for purchases from specified categories with the Citibank Dividend Platinum Select Visa Card For College Students, you also rack up 1% cash back credits on all non-bonus category purchases. There’s no limit to the amount of cashback credit you can earn. The more you spend, the more you earn. Well, that is as long as you’re shopping at one of the more than 400 retailers listed with the Citi Bonus Cash Center®.
APRs and other charges of the Citibank Dividend Platinum Select Visa Card For College Students:
- There is a 0% intro APR on purchases for 7 months.
- After 7 months, your APR for purchases will be set at either 13.99%, or 18.99%, or 23.99% as your credit merit dictates.
- Balance transfer APR is the same as the purchase APR.
- Cash advance APR is 25.24%.
- Penalty APR will be 29.99%.
There is no annual fee for the Citibank Dividend Platinum Select Visa Card For College Students. If you transfer your balance, or part of it, then the fee assessed will be either $5 or 4% of the amount, whichever is the larger number. Cash advances will cost either $10 or 5%. Foreign transactions will cost the greater between $10 and 3% of the amount in US dollars. If you make a payment tardy, or if you have a payment returned for insufficient funds, you will incur a fee of $35.
Other benefits of the Citibank Dividend Platinum Select Visa Card For College Students:
As you might expect from a credit card that competes with the Chase Freedom and the Cash+ Visa Signature cards, the Citibank Dividend Platinum Select Visa Card For College Students comes with a slew of automatic features. These features combine to make students safer, and parents less worried. There are quite a few of them, so let’s just review a few of the most notable.
- Firstly, Citibank is well reputed for providing excellent customer care. It’s available to cardholders 24/7/365. You can always count on friendly, helpful reps that can be easily understood.
- Online banking services make managing your account easier and safer than ever. Take care of your banking at your leisure, from your home, when you feel like it.
- Enjoy customizable due dates for your Citibank Dividend Platinum Select Visa Card For College Students. Choose beginning, middle or end-of-month dates that fit with your financial scheduling.
- Citibank includes industry-leading security measures to protect your information. Smart chip technology, Citi® Identity Theft Solutions and more act in conjunction to keep your financials safe. And if you do have unauthorized transactions made with your card, then you’re protected with Zero Liability fraud protection too.
There are several other automatic benefits that come stock with your Citibank Dividend Platinum Select Visa Card For College Students. College students especially like the shopping protection benefits like Citi® Price Rewind. With it, purchases are monitored. For each eligible purchase you make, Price Rewind searches a database of hundreds of retail shops for lower prices than what you paid. They continue searching for 30 days. If a lower price is found (at least $25 lower), then you will be refunded the difference in prices.
Further, Extended Warranty protection on the Citi® Price Rewind doubles most standard US warranties on purchases. The warranty coverage is doubled for up to 12 months. So, if you buy an item with a 9-month warranty, you automatically are covered for 18 months. If the standard warranty included with a purchase is goof for 12 months, then you’re covered for 2 years.
There’s also Retail Purchase Protection, Travel & Emergency Assistance, Automatic Travel Accident Insurance and Auto Rental Insurance, all included passively. When college students travel, especially if in packs, then they need all the safety assistance they can get. With the features of the Citibank Dividend Platinum Select Visa Card For College Students in effect, traveling just seems to be less stressful for all involved. You can see all the benefits and features at the Citi website.
There’s also the very fresh feature that let’s you not give out your real card number when making online purchases. The Citi system generates a temporary card number, attached to yours but invisible, for every transaction. Your card number is never used directly. This card is going to require that you have consider credit merit before it will serve you. The Citibank Dividend Platinum Select Visa Card For College Students is an excellent credit card for those with excellent credit.