There’s no annual fee to keep the Citibank Sears MasterCard Credit Card working in your corner year after year. Kmart, of course, is part of the Sears family, meaning that Sears and Kmart are sort of synonymous, at least as far as this review goes. Cardmembers receive early notices about upcoming monthly sales events. They also receive regular offers for purchasing select items and services with special financing options. The Sears MasterCard is accepted in millions of locations all over the world, not just at Sears and Kmart. You can use this card anywhere that MasterCard is accepted
When you use the Citibank Sears MasterCard Credit Card to shop online at Sears and Kmart, you are privy to loads of deals and options that the general public never sees – or , at least, you have access to the first. You can snag some excellent deals on brands like Kenmore, Craftsman and others that are well reputed for their quality and longevity of company. Add in the MasterCard-exclusive Purchase Assurance® coverage, and you’re able to shop like a maniac without any real risks involved.
The Purchase Assurance® benefit comes stock with every Citibank Sears MasterCard Credit Card issued. It protects you from incurring losses from damages or theft on items that you buy with your Sears MasterCard. All claims must be made within 90 days of purchasing a given item. Other shopping benefits include:
- Extended Warranty coverage that doubles standard US warranties on products you purchase. The maximum period of extension is 12 months.
- Price Protection guarantees that you will be reimbursed the difference between what you pay for an item and any lower advertised price for the same item within 60 days of purchase.
- The MasterCard Satisfaction Guarantee is definitely an enticing feature. It provides refunds for items that you have purchased and find yourself unhappy with. If, for some reason, the merchant you purchased the item from will not refund your money, then MasterCard will. There is a $250 limit per item.
- $0 Liability means that, if you lose you card, or have it stolen, you will incur no charges for any unauthorized use on your card. So even in a worst case scenario, your card will be working to keep you protected.
Of course, identity theft lays heavy on the minds of the masses today. It’s difficult to turn on the news without hearing about the latest hack into the financial information of millions. Given time, it seems we are all likely to fall victim. So what to do? Well, these things will evolve, and MasterCard is one of the leading worldwide organizations that are actively battling identity theft. The Citibank Sears MasterCard Credit Card includes multiple layers of the highest security technologies to keep your information safe. Of course, you have to be diligent about doing your parts too – not just expect your card issuer to do it all for you. Right?
But what happens if your identity is stolen? What would you do? What would the first step be? Citibank thinks of these things too, a lot. As a Citibank Sears MasterCard Credit Card holder, you automatically get assistance in the form of Citi® Identity Theft Solutions. If ever needed, personal assistance will be provided for you from professional identity theft specialists at Citi. They will make sure you are never held liable for any fraudulent charges, and they even help you along the way as you reestablish your credit. More specifically, Citi ID theft specialists will:
Assist you in contacting the TransUnion credit agency in order to have your credit report reviewed and noted for fraudulent activity. This information will be passed along to the other two major credit reporting agencies.
- Keep monitoring your case until all issues have been resolved.
- Offer advice about how to inform the police or any government agencies that may be necessary.
- Assist with the identification of defrauded accounts, and help you with contacting individual creditors.
- Stay in touch with you, regularly updating you on any changes with the status of your credit report.
More information about the Citibank Sears MasterCard Credit Card
You can efficiently manage your Citibank Sears MasterCard Credit Card account online. 24/7/365, you can view the summary of your account activity. Also, you can see you entire statements online, review all account activity and even see your history of payments made. At least to me, that’s a heck of a lot better than getting on the telephone and following prompts to get to this info.
And that’s not all you can take care of online with the Citibank Sears MasterCard Credit Card. For instance, you can make your monthly payments via the website. You can also request a credit limit increase, or request a refund on your balance. Basically, the online portal allows you to stay confidently in control of all your account’s variable, from home, or wherever you may be. The experience is safe, secure, free and constantly available to you.
The Citibank Sears MasterCard Credit Card is different from the regular Sears Card® in that it can be used anywhere that MasterCard can. That’s millions of worldwide locations instead of just at Sears and Kmart family stores. If you would like to see the specific differences, then please surf to the Citi website and compare them side by side.
One last feature of the Citibank Sears MasterCard Credit Card that’s worth noting is the Max Program. This optional program entitles members to a variety of free, or deeply reduced, shipping fees for purchases made at select online merchant sites. Of course this applies to Sears and Kmart and their family of stores, but it also applies to a list of other participants.
Overall, the Citibank Sears MasterCard Credit Card offers a lot more than I first thought it would. So many company-branded credit cards fall far short of anything I would even consider to be marginally generous. This card is backed with a solid reputation, and a long-enduring record of financial stability.