The Commerce Bank Special Connections Visa with Rewards Card is a Visa card type issued by the Commerce Bank. It can be used for credit as well as to make an ATM transaction which is a unique feature compared to other credit cards. It has a BBB rating of A+ and is a balance transfer and rewards card with no APR for an introductory period. It requires an excellent credit score to qualify for acceptance. Following are the features of the Commerce Bank Special Connections Visa with Rewards Card for a better review to help you decide if the card is worth it:
Features of the Commerce Bank Special Connections Visa with Rewards Card
The Commerce Bank Special Connections Visa with Rewards Card has a $0 annual fee.
There is an introductory APR of 0% for the first six months on purchases and balance transfers. The introductory 0% APR may be cancelled if an applicant fails to make a monthly payment.
After the introductory period, a competitive interest rate of 10.24% to 20.24% is applicable. The APR will vary with the market based prime rate and is dependable on the applicant’s creditworthiness.
Avoid paying interest on purchases: if an applicant makes a payment of the entire balance within due date no interest will be charged. The due date is 25 days after a billing cycle closes.
Minimum interest charge: if you are charged interest, it will not be less than $2.5.
APR for Cash Advances
Overdraft and non overdraft cash advances carry an APR of 25.24% which is variable with the prime rate.
Unlimited rewards can be earned with the Commerce Bank Special Connections Visa with Rewards Card which can be redeemed easily for merchandise, gift cards, cash back and travel with their flexible rewards program.
You can earn one point for each dollar spent in net merchandise purchases
For every dollar you accrue in interest on the monthly balance, you can earn three points
Bonus points can be earned by shopping at participating retailers by using your special connections visa with rewards card to shop in-store or online.
Penalties and Fees
A penalty APR of 27.24% is applicable if the applicant fails to make the minimum monthly payment within 60 days of the payment due date.
Duration of the penalty APR: the penalty APR is applicable until you make six consecutive minimum payments when they fall due.
- A fee of $10 or 5%of the amount of balance transfer, cash advance or overdraft is applicable whichever is greater.
- For transaction in US Dollars 1% of each transaction is applicable. For transactions made in a currency other than US Dollars, 2% of each transaction is applicable.
- If you make a late payment, fee up to $35 is charged.
Some more benefits which the card holders of the Commerce Bank Special Connections Visa with Rewards Card may benefit from are:
- Commerce Bank Special Connections Visa with Rewards Card Card holders can view their statements online
- Enable AutoPay for payments to get deducted automatically on the payment due date from any savings or checking account of your choice.
- The account can also be at another financial institution. You can choose to pay the minimum payment due, fixed payment or full payment of new balance.
- You can avail overdraft services in two ways on your checking account.
- Check Plus Overdraft Protection covers overdraft on your Commerce Bank checking account from your Commerce Bank Visa credit card.
- Overdraft Transfer allows you to cover overdrafts on your Commerce Bank checking account from another Commerce checking, money or savings account that you designate.
- ATM access is allowed 24/7.
- Customer service is available round the clock and users can easily access and manage their account online.
- Zero liability coverage: you are not held accountable for any unauthorized payments made from your card; provided you report the activity within 60 days of receiving the statement with unauthorized account activity.
- Collision damage waiver for auto rentals is one of the features of the card.
- $100,000 for travel accident insurance.
- Emergency card replacement.
The Commerce Bank Special Connections Visa with Rewards Card seems like a very basic balance transfer and rewards card. It has no APR for an introductory period of 6 months which is quite less compared to other cards which boast the same features. After the introductory period is over, the interest rate is pretty competitive. You can acquire this card if you have an excellent credit rating and are looking to pay off some debt. The rewards program also seems decent and straightforward. Earn a point for every dollar spent on merchandise purchases and three points for every dollar of interest accrued on the balance. The points can be redeemed through their flexible rewards program for cash back, travel, gift cards and so on. So there is a lot of choice you can benefit from. The only highlighting feature of the Commerce Bank Special Connections Visa with Rewards Card is that it can be used for credit as well as ATM.
It seems like there are other better cards in the market with more or less the same perks and features than the Commerce Bank Special Connections Visa with Rewards Card. If you are looking for a card which has no annual fee and offers 0% introductory APR, you can weigh the options, decide for yourself and I am sure you will agree. Other cards of the same league that you can benefit from are Chase Freedom Card or the Discover it card. Chase freedom is a card with no annual fee and offers 0% introductory APR for the first fifteen months in contrast to the Special Connections Visa with Rewards Card. It has impressive cash back and rewards structure enabling you to earn 5% cash back each quarter. Likewise, the Discover it card is also one of the best cards offering with no annual fee and offering a 0% APR on purchases and balance transfer for the first 14 months. Cash back of 5% is offered on rotating categories of good throughout the year.