Discover the Best Airline Rewards That Are Beneficial to Your Wallet
Credit cards offering airline rewards can be a lucrative benefit for who are a responsible credit card members, and travel more than five times a year. Credit cards offering airline rewards can enable you to fly first class, check your bags for free, have priority boarding, and so much more. Here is a look at some credit cards offering the top airline rewards for 2015.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
This card offers the most powerful earning potential especially for those just starting out. There are only a few drawbacks to using this card. Unlike other airline rewards credit cards the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card does not offer perks such as free bag checks and priority boarding. The downside to this credit card is outweighed by its number of benefits and airline rewards.
- Receive two miles for every dollar spent at restaurants and bars.
- No Foreign transaction fees.
- EMV chip for a universal acceptance of Visa no matter the location.
- 5,000 points for adding an authorized user and making a purchase within the first three months of membership.
- Use point through Ultimate Rewards and receive a value of 1.25 cents per point.
- Transfer points to participating frequent flier programs with a rate of 1:1.
- 40,000 points earned on spending $3000 in three months.
- 2 points earned for every $1 spent on travel.
- Annual fee of $95 waived the first year of membership.
British Airways Visa Signature® Card
The credit card may not be a major U.S. carrier, but the sign up bonuses are some of the largest offered in the industry. This is why British Airways Visa Signature Card is listed as one of the most beneficial in airline rewards. If considering this card it’s important to be aware that British Airways has a higher fuel charge then other airlines. This means additional funds may go towards taxes for the reward flights.
- No foreign transaction fees
- EMV chip for a universal acceptance of Visa no matter the location
- Spend $30,000 within a year with the card, and earn a Travel Together Ticket. (This means you can bring a companion with you even in first class).
- 50,000 Avios earned when you spend $2000 within the first three months of membership
- 3 Avios earned for every $1 used at British Airways
- 1 Avio earned for all other purchases
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Card member can transfer Ultimate Reward points to British Airway Avios.
- $95 annual fee waived the first year of membership
Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card
The Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Premier credit card is the perfect way to travel the country while capitalizing on the airline rewards. Most of the rewards will be used in the U.S. as the international destinations offered by Southwest Airlines are limited. This card does not waive its annual fee, but there is an anniversary bonus given annually that will cover that cost for you.
- 6,000 point anniversary bonus, regardless of the spending habits during the year.
- 25,000 points earned on spending $1000 within the first three months of membership
- Southwest Airline Rewards Points don’t expire
- There are no blackout travel dates
- No fee for baggage
- 2 points earned for every $1 used at Southwest airlines, participating hotels, and participating car rental.
- 1 point earned for every $1 spent on other purchases
- Chase Sapphire Preferred card members can transfer points at a rate 1:1