Finding the best credit card to earn hotel rewards hotel rewards can be a daunting task given the hundreds of options available. You can save your time and energy by understanding what to look for in hotel rewards credit cards.
Things to consider when looking for hotel rewards credit cards
The first question to ask when choosing hotel rewards credit cards is whether it rewards purchases with free nights in hotels besides offering additional benefits and yearly bonuses. Look for particular offers like free food, free room upgrades and free Internet in addition to free nights.
Remember, not all hotel reward credit cards are made equal. Here are the top 2 credit cards of 2015 to earn hotel rewards:
- The Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card: This credit card tops the list when it comes to the best hotel rewards credit cards. It gives you the choice for a large number of hotels and hotel types, and good perks in addition to zero fees on transactions abroad. Let’s get down to the specifics. With this hotel rewards credit card you can:
- Get 50,000 points after making purchases worth $1,000 during the first three months after opening an account. It is the fastest method to get rewards for free nights.
- Earn one free night at a category between locations 1 to 5 after anniversary of your account opening each year.
- Enjoy zero fees on your account for the first year. From year 2 onwards, $85 will be deducted in annual fee.
- Earn 5 points at 3,800 Marriott hotels on each $1 you spend.
- No ceiling on earning reward points.
- IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card: This hotel rewards credit card is best for budget conscious people who rarely opt to spend nights at top tier hotels. This card covers a large number of hotel chains and properties, including Holiday Inns, InterContinental, Crown Plaza and Staybridge Suites.
With this hotel rewards credit card, you get:
- 60,000 bonus points after making purchases worth $1,000 during the first three months of getting the card.
- A free night stay at 4,700 properties across the world as reward for account opening.
- 5 points per $1 spent at their hotels.
- 2 points for each $1 you spend at grocery stores, gas stations and restaurants.
- Bonus that can be enjoyed at designated hotels.
- Promotion to platinum elite as long as you keep using the card.
- No fees for first year. $49 fees annually after first year.
Doing your homework before selecting your credit card can be a judicious decision. You can find the best hotel rewards credit cards that would perfectly cater to your needs by looking at the important factors of whether the credit card offers you to get enough free night stays at hotels via bonuses and whether you earn hotel perks that entail more value in contrast to the annual fee.